Our activities include:
- sponsoring master classes and workshops directed toward adult and student chamber music players,
- presenting programs to encourage public support of and interest in chamber music, presenting concerts and educational programs for children and adults,
- offering selected groups of young student musicians scholarships to participate in our workshops with special intensive coaching and a supportive environment.
- Our coaches for this session will be:
- Diane Allencraig - Fluet
- Ellen Ruth Rose - Viola
- Pascal Salomon - Piano
- Josh Zajac - Cello
About The Workshop
- You may apply as an individual for one or both days, or as a member of a preformed group for one of the days and an individual for the other.
- Preformed group members are responsible for finding their own music plus a score for their coach to use.
- For those of you who you sign up as individuals: each day we'll assign you to a group made up of other players of comparable skill levels; we'll assign the composition that you'll be working on and do our best to send you copies of your music well in advance of the workshop weekend.
- Be prepared for any kind of weather---lunch is served outside.
- Each session will begin at 8:30 AM and end at 5:00 PM.
- Parking at UCSB is now $4. The machines do not give change, however they do take credit cards.
- We hope to have rooms available for freelancing on Saturday night. If you're interested, please bring your music.
- This workshop will have performance samplers on both days so participants can hear all the groups perform.
- A map of the UCSB campus and driving directions to the Music building will be sent to you along with your acceptance letter.
- To ensure a workable balance, the workshop will have specific quotas of various instruments and playing experience. We want a mix of strings, woodwinds and pianos. If we have too many applications from people playing your instrument, we may have to put you on a waiting list.
- An intermediate to advanced level of competence in both instrumental technique and sight reading is required for workshop acceptance. Please tell us about yourself on the application.
- Each coach will have at most two groups to work with each day.
- One Day - $90.00 Both Days - $180.00
- Extra meals for guests - $15.00
- Fees include lunch and break-refreshments.
- Some scholarships are available.
Important DatesApplication deadline: Saturday, January, 25 2020.
Acceptance or regrets notification will be mailed on
February 14, 2020.
Contact if you have not received an acknowledgement by 10 days after mailing in your application. Cancellations and Refunds:
- Full refund (less $15 registration fee) if cancellation
postmarked on or before February 26, 2020.
- 50% refund (less $15 registration fee) if notice received by March 6, 2020.
- Refund not available after March 6, 2020.